Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blah blah blah

Not much philosophizing or pontificating happening on this end. At least, none of that that's fit for blogging.

As you can see from the last entry, things've been interesting - when are they not?! - but, eh... most of what I go through slides off my back relatively easily. Last week, Latina Princess told me about being in the Latin King fam and implied that she'd rather not be a part of it, but that she's too scared to back away. I've known her since she was eight or nine years old, and I have to say, it broke my heart a little bit to remember the innocent little girl and to see the grown woman standing before me.

I've started working with an afterschool class around my way, doing a lot of what I'm doing at Nuyorican on Saturdays. Last week, one of the girls asked if I'd go with her to Planned Parenthood. It felt surreal. There she was, 14 years old and impressionable, and she was looking to me, her teacher and confidante, for advice and assistance. She hardly knew me but insisted that she felt a kinship.

I still have yet to cash in my check from my Saturday job, and in the meantime I'm hustling to pay my bills, picking up whatever gigs, etc. I can land that'll put cash in my hand right away. It's lucrative, kinda shady (in an illegal kinda way), and makes me feel complete in the sense that I'm working every angle that doesn't poo-poo all over my character.

Last night I bar-hopped in the EV and partied till the last call (4 a.m.), danced with Rob, got hit on repeatedly while Rob was away, drank to my heart's content, forgot about the weight on my shouders, and danced danced flirted grinded grinded hair flipped laughed danced drank flirted my way into a heady place of sublime proportions.