Monday, March 17, 2008

Funny, how it happens...

Contrary to my facebook status (and my myspace status, I think?), my cell phone isn't dead and buried. It's in its final death throes, coming to life for a nano second before turning back off, refusing to allow me access to my contact list, and redirecting me to a blank screen when I want to check my texts. What's the use of carrying a phone when you can't pick up calls, make calls, see texts (much less, answer them), and can't silence it when you're at work, etc.? It might as well be dead, since I can't depend on it; I'm leaving it home from now on.

I've considered cancelling service to the phone, so that people realize that it's not working (as opposed to thinking that I'm avoiding them), but it's part of a family plan and I don't have a couple hundred dollars to pay Sprint - at least, not to make people feel better. The sad part is, paranoia recently got the best of me, and I decided a few weeks ago to change my service so that I could only listen to my voicemails from my cell phone... Ah, the comedic undertones of it all...

Much has happened in the past week, and I'm taking it all in stride. However, as my friend Marvina the Martian observed a few days ago, I'm no longer the type to blog. This blog has chronicled a very important time in my life, as well as the many minute changes in personality and writing style that I've undergone in the past few months; but nothing I have to say is applicable to this particular medium. My words get caught in my head - even that word "medium". I don't think it's the word I was going for - and the only time they don't seem to get caught in my head is when I'm working on one of my novels. (I've written two that I need to draft and I'm working on three more.)

So this is it. Blogging Maria is taking leave. Thanks, blogworld, for being so kind.

XO-M

7 comments:

OUR VAGINAS ARE HAVING A QUARTER-LIFE CRISIS. said...

word? damn. k.

dejanae said...

adios Maria
hope to see u round

Maria said...

Thanks, D!

check out the profile if you wanna read my other mind ramblings. you going to the English Major's Open Mic next weekk?

dejanae said...

cool.ill check it out

didnt know there was one actually

Maria said...

yeah, the english major's open mic is this thursday at 1:30, somewhere in the student center (prolly the state lounge). hopefully, I'll see you there!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Blackjack Johnson said...

hey thankyou for the blog comment.
your writing is amazing!