Sunday, March 16, 2008

Emails Say It Best

okay, so my phone's officially on the fritz. I think it got wet last night, when I was walking in the rain. it would probably help if I took out the battery, but it doesn't wanna be removed :(

I've had a rough day. this morning, my brother collapsed for no apparent reason, and was brought to the ER via ambulance. this happened before, when he was 11 (he's 18 now) and the doc said the first time around that he's hyperglycemic (the one where he needs sugar all the time). thing is, according to the blood work, his blood sugar was fine/normal, so we don't know what's up with him. the doc even ran routine drug tests to rule them out, and sure enough they came back clean... so now the question is: wtf is going on with him?

my mom says it's stress. but seriously?! the kid doesn't work and has no bills. he's not going to school, and he gets everything/anything he asks for. what kinda stress does he have?! that's the kind that I wanna have!

it looks like he'll be okay. he had a slight concussion, but that's all. I think I handled the situation well. I was on my way to work when my mom called me, frantic. I rushed home while on my cell phone, fighting the static, etc., and made sure my mom called 911. then I texted my coworker to let her know that I wasn't gonna be at work while making asking my mom to make sure that my brother was breathing okay, etc.

she's a f*cking nurse, and she wasn't sure how to check on him! AHHH!!! I mean, yeah, I get it, he's your son and you freak out when there's something wrong with him (my dad freaked out the first time it happened, big time) - but geez!

so yeah. that was part 1 of today. then my half brothers' mom called me to try to get me on her side for the court case against my dad (apparently, she heard that I'm a feminist and believes that that means I'll side with the woman in any situation).

then I had to meet with my folks' lawyer because I'm getting sued for outstanding medical bills.

CRAZINESS!!!!!

I still have YET to file my taxes (doing it on Monday) and all I wanna do is kick back drinks with some cool people and dance away the night. *sigh* what are you doing tonight? Sherene's celebrating her 25th at The Park tonight. I'm gonna head there kinda late (arond 12ish, I think) cuz I have to make a cameo at Eli's apartment warming party (which you could meet me in front of, if you want. it's by Ave J on the Q line)... anywhos, wanna join us? I love The Park, and it should be some fun times!

XO-M

No comments: