Monday, February 11, 2008

Moving On Up

At Mom's request, I moved the heavy dining room table. There was an immediate criamp in my upper abdomen: I'd fucked up.

My body's not like it used to be. I can still crank out a hundred sit-ups with no problems, but I really need to start exercising more frequently - and by "exercising" I don't just mean "fucking." Running/jogging, weight lifting, yoga, boxing. I miss all of that. Yves and I are supposed to start taking salsa classes next month, and I'm excited about that since I'd really like to learn some moves. Also, I want to start taking hip hop dance classes again because they put me in an awesome mood - but it all depends on my budget. I've got too many bills to pay and so little income that it might as well be called "outcome"; the second the money comes in, it goes out to pay bills.

Mom and Dad cleaned up the house this past weekend so it's actually clean. I'm reading, writing, taking care of business. I've been hanging out with friends and talking to them more frequently and realizing that I do know like-minded folks who are wonderful and sincere and have similar values to my own. All of this, plus my ascension into the datingsphere, puts me in a great mindset. Life is good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been meaning to get back to roller blading. At least 2x a day. if you're interested in joining, I figure at a minimum 2 or 3 miles.

Maria said...

that's an awesome suggestion but the last time I owned a pair of rollerblades, I was 13 and a size 6 :(

running, maybe? I'd be down for doing that once a week.