Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Beginnings

We are all repetitive in nature, but there comes a time when we must question our patterns in order to maximize our potential. After all, how much better can we become if we're always doing the same things?

I'm swallowing words whole. I'm doing a hundred sit-ups a day. I'm cleaning like a maniac. I'm learning more than I've learned in a long time - even though I'm not taking any classes. And I feel so good about things. That's my day-by-day.

Still, I know that inevitably my confidence will lax and I will be full of self-skepticism - if only because I am humble by nature. When that time comes, however, it isn't my self-worth that I'll be doubting - my looks, my intellect, my wardrobe, etc. - but whether or not I'm achieving my goals in the best way possible. I've reached a point where I don't compare myself to others, I truly couldn't care less what people think of me, and my self-perception is pretty steady. Now my main focus is soaking up knowledge and experience, dwelling on ways to improve my station in life, satisfying my urge to be all that I can be. The only fear I have is leaving behind people who can't keep up.

No comments: